IKLAN HEADER

Strawberry Mango Breakfast Smoothie

Juicy strawberries, mangos, bananas, and your favorite granola come together in this healthy layered smoothie!


A few of my favorite things join forces today in this cold, creamy breakfast smoothie. Strawberries, mangoes, bananas, and/or granola are usually always apart of my breakfast in some form or another. But today, I blended them into this gorgeous drink.

Pretty drinks just taste better, right?


I’m a sucker for smoothies. I typically make a green smoothie after a workout, and when I’m feeling a little more indulgent – peanut butter chocolate is the way to go. But upon returning from Mexico this week, I craved nothing but juicy mangoes. The mangoes there are out of this world. Think of the sweetest, juiciest mango you’ve ever tasted. Then multiply that by 100 and you’re not even close to how incredible they were!

I’d go back to Mexico… just for the mangoes.


That being said, mangoes quickly worked their way into my morning smoothie.

You’re going to make two different smoothie layers today, as you can see. On the bottom we have a creamy mango banana smoothie made from frozen banana, frozen mangoes, and orange juice. As good as a tropical vacay.


Next, the strawberry smoothie. Fresh strawberries, a little milk, frozen banana, and strawberry yogurt. I used nonfat strawberry Greek yogurt, but regular yogurt would be fine. Vanilla, plain, honey, or banana flavors work well, too. Just use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.

Pour the mango smoothie in first, then layer with your favorite granola. I used a bunch of granola I hand in the pantry– a small mixture of Maple Almond Clusters, Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola, and a broken up Nature Valley granola bar.

May I also suggest Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola, Maple Pecan Pie Granola, and/or Toasted Coconut Tropical Granola. Three favorites!


Simply layer the granola into the smoothie like you would do in a yogurt/fruit parfait. Add as much or little as you like.

What I loved is how the granola got a little soft as I worked my way through breakfast. You’ll love the added texture, as opposed to simply drinking a fruit smoothie. I’ve definitely found a new favorite here!


I apologize for the dark/too bright photos this morning. I shot these breakfast smoothies early yesterday morning and guzzled it down in about 10 seconds. I made one again today after my workout, but used 1 cup raspberries instead of strawberries. Try that next!

CHEERS!

Strawberry Mango Breakfast Smoothie

yield: SERVES 2 
prep time: 10 MINUTES 
total time: 10 MINUTES

Juicy strawberries, mangos, bananas, and your favorite granola come together in this healthy layered smoothie!

INGREDIENTS :

2 large bananas, previously peeled, sliced, and frozen
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1/4 cup orange juice
6 large strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup strawberry Greek yogurt1
1/4 cup milk2
your favorite granola 3