IKLAN HEADER

Baked Honeycrisp Apples

Raise your hand if you can tell me what is synonymous with fall.  Well, besides the awesome cooler temps and beautiful fall foliage.  I’m talking apples, y’all.  I love ’em and now’s the best time of year to enjoy them!


While it isn’t officially fall yet, it is September 1st and that means fall to me!  So to celebrate fall’s arrival and the start of apple season,  I’m sharing the hands down best baked apple recipe that I’ve ever eaten.  And on a side note, if you’ve never tried Honeycrisp apples, you are definitely missing out.  They’re a bit more expensive that other apple varieties, but oh let me tell you – they are so, so worth it.  They’re everything that their name implies – sweet and crisp!


For some strange reason, I always shied away from making baked apples.  I can only guess that they sounded too complicated to mess with.  Well, they aren’t – at least this recipe isn’t!  I’m sorry that I waited so long to give them a try.

Baked Honeycrisp Apples {Best Ever!}

Cook Time : 50 min
Serves : 4

An easy to prepare and delicious recipe for baked Honeycrisp apples. The best you'll ever eat!

INGREDIENTS :

4 - Honeycrisp apples
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
4 tblsp butter
creamy caramel sauce (optional)
vanilla ice cream (optional)